Often, hospitals and physician practices get into situation of accumulated, unresolved Accounts Receivable due to lack of staff, ineffective policies, or ineffective process management. Such backlogs amount to millions of dollars and require expert A/R team members to recover the maximum amounts possible. Our team:
Ensure Timely Follow-up. Reduce DSO/Days in A/R. Accelerate Cash Flow.
Why should you outsource A/R management?
Atom Healthcare provides exceptional A/R Management services through diligent follow-up, denials and appeals management, patient-centric account resolution, and A/R analytics. Benefits include:
- Focused approach to increase resolution
- Ongoing improvement of adoption of payer websites for A/R status
- Dashboard and metrics to improve collections.
- Timely follow-up and submission of claims to avoid timely filing issues
- Workflow to optimize employee utilization
- Guaranteed performance metrics
- Performs a detailed analysis of the quality of claims and develops a focused strategy to work on each claim by grouping them by payer, by age of claim, or claims with timely filing issues.
- Develops Policies. We work with the finance teams of our provider clients to set collection goals, and negotiation process with insurance companies.
- Process for retrieving information. We work with the practice/facility to determine the process for retrieval of information related to the medical services rendered.
- Touches each claims multiple times. We ensure diligent follow-up to make sure that as much A/R is recovered as possible.
Follow-up with insurance companies via multiple channels
Website, fax, IVR, and phone- to ensure that they get accurate status of the claims. The goal here is to recover the funds owed to you as quickly as possible by continuously work on identifying and improving processes that can improve efficiencies at each step of healthcare revenue cycle management while meeting the industry’s best practices.
Develop policies and procedures for follow-up
Our team is responsible for monitoring the ageing bucket of the A/R, and they understand the most effective date for follow-up from the date of claims submission. Our team brings insights into which payers provide information online via websites and the effectiveness of such information. Armed with these insights, we work with our provider clients to improve the adoption of websites by registering with payers and reducing the effort in follow-up. At the same time, we ensure that the follow-up effort is not wasted because of information not being available with the payer.
Regular follow up with insurance companies is done to obtain the status of the claim, status of appeals, and reasons for denials. Based on the information obtained immediate actions are taken to resolve the claim by making corrections to the patient account or by initiating additional processes.